Friday, March 10, 2006

Ashes

This may be somewhat controversial but we wanted to keep our baby close to us and had her cremated and her ashes placed in an urn and returned to us.  It's a beautiful, like her, and handcrafted. It has a little name plate with, obviously, her name on it. 

 

Other pet lovers are shocked that we would do that.  I'm shocked at other pet lovers who told me that they couldn't bare being in the room when their animal was put down.  I had to be there. I wanted Penny to know that she wasn't alone and we cared for her.  We know the last thing she saw before her final sleep was us and I hope that that was comforting for her.  She was so far gone though, I don't think she even knew who we were, but I'm glad I was there for her ... we held her little paw as she fell asleep.

 

The urn now has pride of place in our glassed cabinet where she will be with us always, our beautiful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment