Friday, October 12, 2007

Day 42 - A lazy day in paradise

Sarah's making Alan write the blog entry today. I'm very tired after such a hard day so it will be short. Her comments will be in orange.

 

We slept in this morning thus missing our 7am pickup time for a free breakfast at Planet Hollywood. It didn't matter though as we also get a free breakfast here at our hotel so we went down and filled our cooler bags to the brim with all kinds of goodies. I'm pretty sure the Planet Hollywood breakfast was just going to be a hard sell on signing up for some tours.  Did I say that yesterday?  I'm tired too so I'm not sure.

 

We spent the morning doing not very much at all, the way it should be in such a beautiful place at the end of a long holiday. I don't think I could ever get sick of sitting and reading whilst looking every so often at the ocean.  I saw some interesting things; a guy fishing in the lagoon area, another guy using a metal detector in the lagoon and the large number of elderly people who stay in the water for hours.  I think Honolulu is becoming the new Florida for retirees.  For lunch we ate 6 fruit salad tubs left over from our breakfast after which we took a wander across the road to the beach where Sarah had a paddle at the waters edge. We then walked slowly down the street looking in all the shops and buying a few bits and pieces before returning to our room for an afternoon just as lazy as the morning.

 

Late in the afternoon we ventured back over to the beach and we both had a dip in the lagoon. We were surprised to see hundreds of little fish swimming around near the shore. The water was pretty cold but we stayed in there for an hour or so.  The water temperature is 27 degrees, hardly cold.  I could have stayed in all day.

 

We had a lovely seafood dinner at the restaurant downstairs and now have retired back to the 18th floor for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment