Sunday, September 2, 2007

1 Sep - Day 2 - Anaheim

Day 2 has been another scorcher.  97 degrees, or for us Australians, 36 degrees and humid!

 

We made our first trip to Disneyland this morning.  First ride was Indiana Jones, our favourite.  The queues were great first thing with only an average waiting time of about 5-10 minutes.  By 11.30, the queues were back to 30 minutes and it was hot.

 

We made an early exit to get some lunch.  It is so much cheaper eating outside the Park and the walk is only about five minutes from the gate to Dennys, your typical American hamburger joint. We ate there last night too and both times were able to avoid the hamburgers.  First night we had steak and shrimp.  Today Alan had a chicken salad and I had a turkey sub.  More Minute Maid Lemonade for me. I love the American free refills and after a very hot morning at Disneyland, I needed it.  Three large glasses in about 35 minutes.  Lovely!

 

A nice five hour afternoon nap was had, waking up in time for dinner.  Tonight was IHOP (International House of Pancakes).  Alan had strawberry pancakes and I opted for the bacon, eggs, sausage and hash brown.  We then stumbled back over the road to Disneyland, now that it had cooled down.  Unfortunately, so had just about everyone else.  The queues were dreadful.  There is a brand new ride, a Nemo submarine ride, and the waiting time was over 90 minutes at 7pm.  The fireworks were brilliant again tonight.  We had the best of both worlds, could watch from a queue for a ride. 

 

Tomorrow we will try out California Adventure ... well, should I say, Alan will try out California Adventure.  From what I can see of the rides, I will more than likely keep my feet on the ground.  This means though there will be photos taken and I'll have something to post tomorrow in the photos section.

 

Send us an email and say hi so we know at least someone is reading this.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment